Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome to Every Day with Ceil 2012

Well, here we are, another New Year!  Ceil was up at 8:30 to get ready for an outing with Brian and Mickie.  Brian and Mickie arrived by 9:20 and we were out the door to "Pete's Place" for breakfast.  Diners have given raved reviews about this place for breakfast and it was decided it was about time we tried it.  The blueberry pancake was great!  Portions were huge and the waitress was able to handle Brian's humor with great ease.  Now we are relaxing and watching "Chopped" on Food Network. Mickie and Brian helped take down the Christmas tree.  Later in the afternoon, Christopher was here to help wake Ceil up from her nap. Ceil was all smiles when she saw her little man was peeking in at her.  Ceil had a surprise phone call this evening...Ken (Ceil's grandson) called from Japan to wish his grandma a Happy New Year! Ceil and Ken chatted for about ten minutes.  Ceil hopes to see Ken sometime soon, maybe Ken will make it back to the states sometime soon.






Ceil's grandson in Japan (guilty-took this from his Facebook page-he's looks like Larry in this pic):

3 comments:

  1. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a minute, wait a minute. Everyone knows Mom doesn't take down the Christmas tree until Jan. 6, the Feast of the Epiphany. Also, you never posted any pictures of my Christmas bells tree ornament. This is just not right. So, I say, put that Christmas tree back up!

    OK, OK, I guess I'll survive.

    Here's wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to see my comment from yesterday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say? I love the picture of Ken. But, I have to say, I guess you must be trying to get Ken to leave a comment here on the blog, to wit, an angry denial that he does NOT look like me!

    ReplyDelete